Laser Dentistry Takes the Pain and Anxiety Out
For precision, comfort, effectiveness and safety, you’ll want to consider the use of a laser in your dental procedures. Since only 6% of all dentists use a laser for dentistry procedures, it’s important to ask your dentist if he or she has a laser so you can enjoy the benefits and beautiful results.
The Laser Advantage
• Eliminates the need for stitches in some dental procedures.
• Eliminates the need for anesthesia is some dental procedures, while still providing a virtually pain free experience.
• Limits blood loss that can otherwise be discomforting.
• Reduces damage to surrounding tissue.
• Seals off wounds to speed up healing.
• Stimulates tissue regeneration.
• Reduces the risk of bacterial infection.
Lasers serve needs for many areas in dentistry, including: general dentistry, restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. Aside from helping you to feel more comfortable without anxiety, lasers offer a wealth of possibilities. This state-of-the-art technology is used in a wide variety of dentistry procedures, including:
• Cavity Detection
• Dental Filling and Tooth Preparation, except for the replacement of amalgam fillings, onlays or crowns.
• Tooth Sensitivity
• Crown Lengthening
• Gummy Smile
• Muscle Attachment (Frenula)
• Speech Impediments
• Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis) from Ill Fitting Dentures
• Benign Tumors
• Cold Sores
• Nerve Regeneration
• Sleep Apnea Due to Tissue Overgrowth
• Temporomandibular Joint Treatment
If you are interested in laser dentistry, call Dr. Mark Sweeney, an Austin Texas dentist who incorporates the use of a laser in his dental treatments at (512) 452-9296.