Stocking Stuffers that Bring Out a Smile
Check out some the most popular oral health stocking stuffers that can bring out a smile. These ideas are simple to purchase, easy to use and may provide incentive for your loved ones to focus on their smile for the New Year ahead. Whether it’s cosmetic dentistry or toothpaste, stocking stuffers focused on dentistry can be worthwhile. Check out the small cosmetic dentistry treats and the oral hygiene delights that can bring out a smile!
- Prescription Fluoride Toothpaste: Available for purchase at your dentist’s office, prescription fluoride toothpaste offers a higher concentration level of fluoride when compared to store-bought products. It is also highly advantageous for hardening teeth to prevent tooth decay.
- Cartoon Character Toothbrushes: Children are inclined to be more responsive to brushing when they have one of the favorite cartoon characters on their toothbrush.
- Flavored Dental Floss:Dental floss is a must for everyone. Flavored dental floss adds spice for everyone during the holiday season.
- Sugar Free Gum:Chewing gum increases saliva flow and saliva provides deep cleaning for your mouth, especially during festivities when cavity causing sugar and starch are popular holiday food ingredients.
- Oral Health Travel Kit:Check with your local pharmacy for a kit that contains a travel size tooth brush, mini toothpaste, dental floss and mouthwash. There’s nothing like better preparing your family for the next vacation.
- Electric Toothbrush:For speedier and deeper cleaning, consider an electric toothbrush that will also provide fresher breath for the New Year and beyond. Electric toothbrushes are particularly useful for family members who have arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome or other medical conditions that can interfere with normal brushing.
- Fresh Fruits:Fruits that are crunchy like pears and apples offer deep cleaning for the teeth of your loved ones.
- Black Tea:Researchers at the University Of Illinois College Of Dentistry discovered that black tea helps prevent the growth of bacteria that causes plaque and acid which would otherwise create a cavity. Too, black tea is capable of reducing the total mass of plaque on your teeth.
- Tooth Whitening:Dentists offer gift certificates for tooth whitening. Choose from in-office whitening or take home kits to give your loved ones a long lasting, bright, white smile.
If you are interested in general dentistry or cosmetic dentistry, contact Dr. Mark Sweeney, an Austin Texas cosmetic dentist, for a consultation at 512-380-1300.