What You Don’t Know About Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can offer many benefits. A beautiful, bright, well aligned smile is highly desirable among women and men today. Whether you are interested in repairing a chip, crack unevenness, or whitening your teeth, cosmetic dentistry can be quite rejuvenating. Since, there’s a lot of talk about what you need to know about cosmetic dentistry, check out what you may not know about some of the nuances in cosmetic dentistry. After all, it might make a difference in your treatment.
1. There are light activated opaquers that can block out tooth discoloration, such as metal looking tooth structure.
2. Cosmetic dentists receive special training for natural tooth colored white dental fillings.
3. Cosmetic dentists study color depth and opaquing to become proficient in cosmetic dentistry.
4. It is important to do bonding after tooth whitening. The color that is selected for bonding does not change with tooth whitening. Neither does the color of tooth restorations.
5. It is important to know the type of veneers you have. It is also advantageous to see the same dentist should one break off. This will help avoid mismatched teeth in terms of color and thickness.
6. If your porcelain veneers change color, they may not really be porcelain.
7. There is a full spectrum of colors that are available in cosmetic dentistry materials.
8. When possible, it’s wise to refrain from tooth extraction. Using healthy tooth structure for cosmetic dentistry to maintain the strength of a tooth, is wise.
9. The color of teeth look different in sunlight when compared to indoor lighting.
10. General dentists may perform cosmetic dentistry, but the level of training among dentists varies. Accredited members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry have participated in rigorous continuing education courses to perform cosmetic dentistry.
Now that you know about some of the little nuances that go into cosmetic dentistry, perhaps it’s time to learn more about cosmetic dentistry.