How to Stay Away from the Dentist?
Yes, there are ways that can help you stay away from your dentist. It’s true. And it’s worthwhile to explore because any more visits that semi- annual cleanings can be difficult at best. So, let’s get right down to the nitty gritty.
- Go for the Simple Check Ups. One sure fire way to cut down on the number of times you have to see your dentist is to go for your semi annual dental cleanings. P.S. If you have fear of dentistry or are concerned about discomfort, some dentists offer sedation dentistry which provides tools to take the fear and discomfort out of dental cleanings. And don’t feel like you’ll be opening Pandora’s box when you go. Chances are you won’t need any more dental work if you stay on track. Too, early treatment for the small stuff allows you to forgo more invasive treatment and more dental visits later on.
- Think Dental Floss. Everyday we consume food that creates debris in our mouths. While some of this debris gets washed away by our saliva, other debris remains caught between our teeth and triggers cavity causing bacteria and acid. Dental floss can alleviate such strains.
- Eat a Healthy Diet. It’s true, you are what you eat. This goes for your mouth as well. Stick with healthy foods that do not trigger oral health conditions. That means stay away from starchy, sugary foods.
- Recycle Old Dental Restorations. Old dental restorations may capture debris and can create the need for more invasive treatments- more dental visits. Replacing old dental fillings and crowns will help you to avoid too many dental visits and will keep your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
- Think Before You Buy. Every dentist uses a unique set of tools to treat their patients. Some dentists use dental technology that provides early detection of dental cavities and other oral conditions. With the ability to detect problems early on, you can avoid too many dental visits. So, ask your dentist if he or she has early detection technology.